Sunday, May 24, 2009


Watercolor with Gouache. 15x11 in.

This is one I really want to do more with. The Ostridge design was a one of my favorite. I am hoping to do another one here soon with it deserted on a island rusting away. This was meant to be a submersible transport. I personally feel like this painting requires alot more work and it is indeed unfinished but its one of those I have been thinking and looking at for so long I don't want to touch it. So time will tell where I go with this one, but for now it is what it is.


Watercolor with Inks: Dr. Martin's. 15x11 in.

Watercolor with ink. 15x11 in.

This was the first time I started to use watercolor inks with my watercolor. I did these two about 4 months ago and ever sense then I have been stuck on those inks. The colors blend so well and keep there vigor even after they dry. These two where before the one below. I want to do more like the bottom one here - ship yard.
Most of my paintings are meant to convey a sense of purpose. They should display the reason for this creatures creation. Which in this case is carrying supplies across the ocean such as a cargo ship or oil tanker. The top painting was the first of this series of Swordfish. It is meant to be a preliminary painting to lay down the full shape and color of the subject. The bottom one is unfinished. The blank spot in the upper right corner is bothering me, so sooner or later something is filling that space in along with other details.

More Aardvark

Watercolor with Gouache. 15x11 in.

This was the second one I ever did in my continuing project. There are still touch ups to be made but as of right now it stands on its own. This was to demonstrate just how versatile the Aardvark robot can be. Here is it displaying its intended roll which is to carry goods over rough terrain.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Aardvark Cockpit- In Progress

Watercolor with gouache, Arches HP, 23.5x30 in.

I had a lot of fun on this one even though it has taken me forever to get this far. As you can already tell this is a quarter view of a cockpit. It's incomplete at the moment. This is just as far as I have gotten and I couldn't keep it off of here any longer. This was intended to be the head of the Aardvark but it changed alittle bit. There is still a long way to go before it gets the OK but it looks good now. As for the little image in the bottom right, that will be coupled with a few others giving little details to how this thing works and operates as a control source.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Swordfish/Dark water

Watercolor and gauche, Arches HP, 23x15 in.

This painting was alot of fun in the making of it. Just to clarify that black goo is "Dark water" from the "Pirates of Dark Water" if any of you watched that back in the 90's. This is one of the latest I have made of this Tuckerbot- what the machines are called at this point. I have two other paintings done of it that I will try to get on here with in the next week. The time laps photos are a nice touch that I have started on some of my other paintings and will try to load them on here soon.
I have a large painting im working now that I have been taking pictures of scense I started it so that should make a nice post.